Musings of a Manchester Drupal guy

Drupal, Open Source, Analytics, Social Media.

Saturday, July 09, 2011

Warning - avoid Mini Sticky Splatter - damages everything it touches

I bought a Mini Sticky Splatter black spider from The Science Museum, London (Supplied by Tobar.co.uk).

My daughter was playing with it for a short while and became covered in nasty black tar like deposits which stuck to her clothes and hands.

Upon attempting to remove with soap and water the horrid material stuck to the sink like bitumen. Virtually impossible to remove. Only with harsh tearful hand washing were my duaghters hands and face cleansed. Subsequently I spent 1 hour cleaning the messy slick from sink with cif cream and a scouring pad. Her clothes are possibly ruined. How can a product like this possibly be safe for sale to children?

I have emailed the Science Museum and Tobar to inform them of the situation.

Posted via email from Paul's posterous